Submit one Reserve Request form for each class. All forms must be submitted electronically using either the Reserves Request Form link or clicking "Request Form" on the menu on the left.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Instructor's name
- Phone extension
- Academic quarter and year (If the class is multiple quarters/academic years, please include that information in the "Notes" section at the end of the form.)
- Course number
- Course name
- Estimated number of students enrolled
- Title of each item to be put on Reserve in the "List" section
- Loan-period limit for each item being requested:
- 1 hour (for quick photocopying of homework solutions, etc.)
- 4 hours (viewing media, etc.)
- 24 hours (for reading significant portions of a book, etc.)
- 3 days (for short-term focused assignments)
Please put any special instructions or additional information in the "Notes" section at the end of the form.
If the material is from the library's collection, please supply the call number and title. If the material is from your personal library, please provide the library with the same title given to the students.
It is not necessary to print out the Reserve Request form and include it with your personal materials when you bring them to the Circulation desk. Simply include your personal contact information on the inside of the material. This ensures that the materials will be paired with the electronic paperwork.
If the materials are chapters, loose sheets, notes, or other miscellaneous non-bound works, the library reserves the right to digitize the materials and post them via the library catalog.
Processing time can take a minimum of 24 hours, but depending on volume may take as long as 72 hours (3 days). You will receive an email when the electronic form has been received by our system, an email copy of the form, and lastly, an email when the materials are available for use.
PLEASE NOTE: Barcodes and labels will be added to faculty-owned materials. The library will not be responsible for damage cause by or through use.