Starting with Some General Articles
Here are some potentially helpful secondary data sources. Many of these titles are included in our database subscriptions, but they are highlighted here for your convenience. There may be more sources for you to check---so don't stop with these!
Welcome to this guide for Marketing 4520. The guide focuses on Scope items 1-3 of the project for this class and offers the opportunity to search databases and other sources which may be useful for this assignment. I have also linked websites, specific journals which could also be helpful. If you have questions or you get stuck, please don't hesitate to contact me.
GENERAL SEARCHING TIPS:
- Be persistent and creative. Refine your search, use synonyms and search again.
- In searching databases and websites, use boolean searching to combine concepts.
- Evaluate your sources for currency, authority and reliabilty, For this project you do not want sources earlier than Jan 2012. Optimally sources will be within the last year and also be reliable and credible.
- Cite your sources in format consistent with the requirements of the assignment and the discipline. For this project, you will be using a modified version of Chicago style
- Keep a log of your searches so that you remember what and how you searched.
FOCUS ON YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
- "your objective should be to find a few articles/reports (which you can add to later.. but should never need a ton) that are highly targeted to what you are researching."
- Trying to find Product-Relevant Needs?(Use search terms for Product-Market. If you are successful then you will know that your support is linked to the TM).
Databases Worth Trying!
Start with Brainstorming
Exercise # 1: What terms would you use to describe ground transportation? Write down on your worksheet at least 5 relevant terms....