- Last Updated Apr 30, 2013
6,193 views this year
- Last Updated May 23, 2013
148 views this year
Working with actual clients, the New Venture Business Consulting class requires teams of students to analyze and deliver specific recommendations for unique projects from local companies
One activity common to all projects is to gather any relevant information for this task and the resources in this guide attempt to provide a starting point for this endeavor. Because each project is unique and evolves as communication between the client and the team develop during the project's duration, the resources in this guide are general in scope. Many projects will use information from the library's databases or creditable websites as a small portion of their deliverables.
As your liaison, please do hesitate to contact me with questions about possible information sources.
A General Path to follow: Ask yourself, who would be interested in this information?
- Would competitors or other firms write about this topic---->
- Would academic centers be researching in this area---->
- Would scholars write about this topic------------>
- Trade Journals------>
- General news-------->
- Are there likely to be published available market research reports-->
- Would there be overviews in books------->
- Would the information be considered proprietary and not available through secondary sources------->