Welcome to the Research Guide for MGMT 320. The guide hightlights resources for the individual Market Research & Analysis Assignment.
1. (2-3 page) Memo, 3 +credible sources cited in APA from an international business person perspective.
2. Based on your research, decide whether to do business in your assigned country.
- Consider: geography, political structure, legal systems, market/population size, GDP, main products/industries, market competitors, local language, ethnic origins, culture, religion and other relevant factors.
- Memo explains factors your considered, and pros/cons of doing business in your country.
3. Include Annotated Bibliography.
- Summary and/or evaluation of sources in a short paragraph.
- Each annotation summarizes main arguments, point of the article, why source chosen and topics covered.
An annotated bibliography is an organized list and summary of consulted sources. It will start with the author (if available), title and the publishing information. The annotation of the work is usually brief ( 150 words or 4-6 sentences). An annotation not only describes the work, it can also be evaluative. It may include:
- Intended Audience
- Relevance to your topic (or why it was not on target)
- Any shortcomings? bias? or did the work have some special features you would like to highlight?
- Author's background or authority on the topic
- Author's conclusions
- Your impressions or conclusions
Quick Profile Sources
Comparative general sources for Burma.
|BBC||Dept of State.||Foreign Travel Advice||CIA||Europa Yr|
|Links to Reports?||√||√|
|Source information for statistics?||√|