Customs and Culture
If the basic country information does not have sufficient information on culture and society,
try the sources below:
Gives basic country profile plus indepth information on food, marriage/ kinship, social stratification, gender roles, landed property, etc...
Country Analysis Assignment
1. 2-3 p. Report. Include 3+ academically, credible sources cited in APA.
2. Based on your research, decide whether to do business in your assigned country. Consider:
- Geographic location, capital cities, climate, population
- Heads of state, brief details of political and economic systems
- GDP, Main products, businesses
- Main trading partners, main business, or industry groups
- Language, ethnic origins, religion, culture
3. View relevant factors from an IB perspective.
4. Outline pro/cons of doing business in your required country.
5. Include Annotated Bibliography: an organized list and summary of consulted sources. Start with author (if available), title and the publishing information. The annotation is brief (150 words or 4-6 sentences). It not only describes the work, it can also be evaluative. For this assignment, for each source include:
- Summary of main arguments
- Why source was chosen
- Topics covered
Basic Country Information
Compare general sources for Burma.
Business Source Complete & ABI Trade& Industry are top sources for international business articles. Find international newspapers in LexisNexis.
Global environments. Search information about different environments which may effect your firm globally. Note: You may want to think of narrower concepts. Here are some examples....
|Broad term: Environmental->||pollution||Natural disasters|
|Broad term: Economic->||recession||foreign investments|
|Broad term: Technological->||software piracy||Intellectual property|
|Broad term: Culture->||family business||gender|