Skip to main content
MPC Check Out Equipment:
- Video Camcorders
- Audio Recording Equipment
- Lighting Kits & Equipment
- Video & Photography Camera Kits Packages
Equipment Check Out & Use Policies:
- Only Current SU students, faculty and staff with a valid library registered ID may check out MPC Equipment.
- Equipment check out requires an approved Equipment Request Form and proper MPC training prior to scheduling equipment.
- Equipment check out time is by appointment only and must be scheduled at least two full business days in advance. No drop-ins. Requests are contingent upon availability.
- Equipment returns are by appointment only and must be scheduled in advance. Please allow enough time BEFORE your Return appointment to save your electronic files onto your own storage device.
- Equipment must be returned by the due date and time or the borrower will be charged late fees. Borrowing privileged will be suspended until late fees are paid in full.
- Plan for check out and return appointments of 15 minutes in order to thoroughly pre-inspect the equipment and sign-off by both the borrower and MPC professional staff. Never return or leave equipment without proper inspection and sign-off
- If a borrower returns MPC equipment late twice in one quarter, their borrowing privileges will be suspended for the remainder of the quarter.
- If a borrower returns MPC equipment late three times within an academic year, their borrowing privileges will be suspended for the remainder of the academic year.
Conditions of Use
- Users must adhere to all Seattle University rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Only the borrower checking the equipment out is allowed to use it. If multiple people will use the equipment, each team member is required to complete a check out form.
- Never leave the equipment unattended and handle the equipment with care. Equipment borrowers assume full responsibility for damage, loss or theft. If damage occurs or the equipment is incomplete upon return, charges for repair and/or replacement will be imposed against the borrower.
Saving Electronic Files
- Seattle University is not responsible for any files left on the P2 or SD cards or for loss or damage of the user’s files during the loan period.
- All files must be transferred from MPC Equipment upon return or special arrangement needs to be made. Borrowers must provide their own storage device. The MPC will not store files on our cards or equipment.
- All files will be erased from MPC equipment after the borrower transfers them to their own storage device.
Manager, Media Production Center