Overview: What do I need to find?
This tutorial was created to serve as a good general starting for students doing business research. More detail and additional sources can be found in the Research Guides: Business: Finding Company Information and Business: Finding Industry Information. If you have questions, please contact me. I am eager to help!
2. How do I find financial information? (stock prices, dividends, shares outstanding, income/balance sheets)
4. How do I find industry information and trends? ( forecasts, major competitors)
5. How do I find out about company trends? (current company overview, economic, technology, regulatory changes, suppliers...)
6. How do I find information on corporate culture? (management style, organizational structure, benefits, types of employees...)
7. How do I find marketing information? (market share and market strategy, niche, customer demographics....)
1 Directory Information: Name/Address of Officers
Usually easy-to find on the company's website. Be careful of using dated sources for this information. Many of the databases and financial websites will also supply this information. In addition, use these databases to create lists of companies by size, location and industry