An issue of The Spectator from March 6, 1941.
The purpose of this collection is to collect and preserve important primary source materials relating to the history and activities of Seattle University, its past and present members and its surrounding communities. Materials in this collection include, but are not limited to: printed documents, administrative records, correspondence, photographs, film and videos, maps, scrapbooks, yearbooks, The Spectator, and sound recordings.
Several finding aids are available describing portions of this collection.
The Chapel of St. Ignatius on the campus of Seattle University is an award winning architectural sacred space designed by world renowned architect Steven Holl. The materials in this collection document the history of the Chapel of St. Ignatius from the initial project proposal in 1991 through the design, construction and dedication in 1997. The collection includes architectural drawings, artifacts, committee minutes, graphic materials, moving images, award certificates and textual materials.
Consult the online finding aid for more information about the collection.
E. Mortimer Standing, an international authority in the Montessori method of teaching and early childhood education, was associated with Maria Montessori for more than thirty years. He assisted her in training courses and conducted many himself throughout the world. Author of 3 books on Montessori, his collection includes a variety of materials relating to her life and work, among them are manuscripts, correspondence, lectures, pamphlets, photos and some curriculum materials.
Consult the online finding aid to find out more about the collection.